Calendar of Events
- Preschool and the Primary Years: Paving the Way for Academic Excellence!
Pearson is convening a professional development opportunity for early childhood educators in the Washington, DC metropolitan area! They invite teachers, administrators, day-care providers, psychologists, speech pathologists, social workers, occupational and physical therapists, and others working with children from birth through grade three to come to this special event.
Attend important keynote addresses by Dr. Sam Meisels and Dr. Adria Klein. Hear from the authors of some of the most important products available today - including the DRA2, Bracken, Autism Spectrum Rating Scale, and CALLA method for ELL - as they share information with you about their assessments and techniques.
Attend Workshops On:
- Observational Assessment - Classroom Management
- Understanding and Utilizing Test Data - Social Skills Development
- ELL Issues with Young Children - Common Core and Young Children
- Responsive Instruction with Young Children - STEM Skills in Young Children
- Attend sessions on Pearson classroom tools, including:
- The Work Sampling System®
- The OUNCE Scale
- Words Their Way and
- Bracken School Readiness Scale.
Additional information, including registration information, can be found at:
- Child Care Resource Center Request for Proposal FY 2013 Announcement
Maryland Family Network (MFN), as the current Statewide Coordinating Entity (SCE) of the Maryland Child Care Resource Network (MCCRN) through June 30, 2012 is soliciting proposals to operate a Child Care Resource Center (CCRC) for FY 2013. The funding period is July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) to acquire the services of a vendor to manage the MCCRN. The grantee will act as the SCE overseeing the operations of regional CCRCs to assure that all required components are addressed. MFN is developing a proposal in response to the RFP which will be submitted to MSDE by May 23, 2012.
MSDE’s RFP requires that the grantee for the MCCRN undertake a competitive bid process within 90 days of notice of grant award to select organizations in each of the 12 licensing regions to operate Child Care Resource Centers. A listing of the licensing regions may be found at http://marylandpublicschools.org/MSDE/divisions/child_care/licensing_branch/licensing_offices
A RFP Technical Assistance Session will be conducted on Tuesday May 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM at Maryland Family Network, 1001 Eastern Avenue, Second Floor, Baltimore, Maryland, 20102. If you plan on attending that session, please send your RSVP to Steve Rohde @ firstname.lastname@example.org
CCRC RFP 2013
CCRC RFP 2013 Attachments
Maryland Family Network Presents The Responsive Training Symposium (Training of Trainers)
This is a 3 part training symposium which covers such topics as:
- Introduction to interactive and creative training techniques
- An emphasis on training basics-goals and objectives, logistics and needs assessment
- An understanding of how to provide meaningful adult learning experiences
- Training methods to respond to participants' needs
- An enrichment of their understanding of the cycle of experiential learning
- An understanding of practical training pitfalls
Part 1 April 19, 2013
Part 2 May 16, 2013
Part 3 June 6, 2013
*Participants are strongly encouraged to attend all 3 sessions in order to obtain the full benefit of the educational training sequence.
Please click the following link for further information and to Register for The Responsive Training Symposium